Thursday, September 20, 2007

Love, Brian

O.K., enough pissing and moaning, weeping and wailing about the move and the logistics and where am I gonna work, what am I gonna do? It's Thursday, September 20, 2007, and Brian Wilson is not only alive and well... he has a new song out. Somehow, he always comes along with a sublime new piece of beauty at the very moment I need to hear it, and his music lifts me out of myself. Click click here for a link to the stream:

Brian Wilson's new song: "Forever She'll Be My Surfer Girl"


Coaxed a tear out of me this morning as I listened. Yes, life is good indeed.

And in case you missed the one before this one, here's a link to the stream for that one. It's a track from his forthcoming suite based on Antoine de Saint-Exupery's The Little Prince, a collaboration with Van Dyke Parks: That Lucky Old Sun.

Brian Wilson: "Midnight's Another Day"

As one who's been following the Beach Boys since 1975, and has seen all of the group's (and Brian's) ups and downs, peaks and valleys, all I can say is: there were a couple times in the 70s and 80s where it really looked like Brian was going to be the next Elvis. So to hear great, artistically relevant and challenging NEW material coming from Brian Wilson in 2007 is indeed a blessing.

Wow.

No comments: