Monday, July 23, 2007

Great moments from M*A*S*H - 2

This rapid-fire exchange between Klinger and Colonel Potter comes at the end of the episode Commander Pierce, in which Hawkeye takes command of the 4077th while Potter goes to Seoul for a "conference." Potter doesn't even look up from his paperwork the whole time Klinger speaks.

Klinger: (promenades into Potter's office; sets a vase of flowers on Potter's desk) Colonel, I missed you!
Potter: No.
Klinger: About my heart murmur, sir--
Potter: --No.
Klinger: My double vision is coming back--
Potter: --No.
Klinger: I've fallen in love with a goat--
Potter: --No.
Klinger: (resigned) Glad to have you back, sir. (takes flowers back, turns and leaves office)

And a great exchange from the episode Payday, while Hawkeye dances with Nurse Baker in the officer's club:

Baker: Captain Pierce, you dance divinely.
Hawkeye: My parents made me take divine lessons.
Baker: Smart parents.
Hawkeye: It broke my heart to leave them back there on Krypton.

No comments: